Dave works hard to ensure city infrastructure works for you. He opposes inappropriate development while working to improve your quality of life by securing funds for trails, sidewalks, crosswalks, safe routes to schools, naturalized areas, and greenspace preservation.
Projects near you where Dave has worked to improve your quality of life
Ridgemeade – Covenanter
- Prompted Public Works to preserve and restore a safe-route-to-school from Max- well to Rogers-Binford.
- Worked with City Legal and Public Works to prevent closure and restore the Nota/ Maxwell Lane pathway as a safe-route-
- to-school for children walking to Rogers- Binford.
- Worked with Ridgemeade neighbors on deer problems in their neighborhood. Prompted City to create a management team to oversee deer overabundance and track threats to human health, such as tick populations and tick-borne diseases (pending in 2019).
- Currently working with constituents to determine ways to reduce leaf-blower noise for more peaceful autumn week- ends.
- Working with City staff and Kroger management, changed hours of parking lot sweeping to provide quiet nights for affected residents.
Hyde Park – Bitner Woods – Kensington – The Arbors
- Procured $2.1 M in funds, working with Spicewood, the Council Sidewalk Committee, City Planners and the Metropolitan Planning Organization, for a multi-use path on the west side of Sare Rd. (construction to begin in 2020)
- Worked with Hyde Park Village neighbors and the Spicewood Neighborhood Association to construct traffic calming pedestrian crosswalks at Sare Rd. and Winston and at Sare Rd. and Spicewood Ln. Funding received from the Council Sidewalk Committee and crosswalks installed in 2018.
- Met with neighbors, advocated for, and received approval for sidewalk funding to connect Bitner Woods neighborhood to the traffic signal crosswalk at the Sare Rd. and Moores Pike intersection.
- Advocated for pedestrian crosswalk at Clarriz and Moore’s Pike. Construction in 2019.
- Met with Hyde Park neighbors and received funding for a pedestrian crosswalk and traffic calming improvements at the Olcott and Moore’s Pike intersection.
- Worked with Kensington neighbors for inoculation to protect their street ash trees from infestation from the emerald ash borer insect. Inoculation was successful and the trees were saved.
- Supported a new greenway for biking connectivity.
- Advocated and succeeded in convincing INDOT to construct sidepaths along the expanded the IN46 by-pass for pedestrians and bicycles.
- Worked with Green Acres neighbors to create better accessibility to the IN46 by-pass sidepaths, and the pedestrian tunnel funded by the City Council Sidewalk Fund.
- Worked with neighbors to assist a Green Acres EcoVillage meet code compliance.
- Advocated for Council Sidewalk Fund support of a complete sidewalk along 3rd St. from Union St. to the IN 46 by-pass.
Bittner Woods – Gentry Crest – Renwick – Sycamore Knolls
- Supported the Jackson Creek sidepath.
- Advocate for prairie plantings of 5-acres in the Goat Farm.
- Supported the Goat Farm Trail.
- Promoted the biking trail along Rogers from High to Sare.
- Secured funding to complete sidewalk along Queensway.
- Working with neighbors to naturalize area in Southeast Park for butterflies and birds.
- Worked with Renwick residents to defeat a large, out-of-context commercial facility.
- Worked with Gentry Estates neighbors to secure essential infrastructure abandoned by developer.
- Fought for traffic calming median on Rock Creek to slow and prevent cut-through traffic and enhance school bus safety.
- Secured funding to improve biking/pedestrian safety crossing at Sare & Moore’s Pike (construction in 2020).
- Procured $2.1 M in funds, working with Spicewood, Council Sidewalk Committee, City Planners and the Metropolitan Planning Organization, for multi-use path on west side of Sare (construction in 2020).
- Met with neighbors, advocated for, and received approval for sidewalk funding to connect Bittner Woods neighborhood to the traffic signal at the Sare & Moore’s Pike intersection.
- Worked with Hyde Park Village neighbors and the Spicewood Neighborhood Association to obtain traffic calming pedestrian crossings at Sare & Winston and Sare & Spicewood inter- sections. Worked with the Council Sidewalk Committee and City Planning & Transportation to obtain funding.
Eastside – Elm Heights – Longwood-Devon – Somax
- Represented Elm Heights neighborhood to get a stop light/crosswalk at Henderson & Atwater.
- Worked with Elm Heights & Bryan Park (as Council rep on Plan Commission) to defeat a student housing proposal, then provided the key vote of support to pass the South Dunn PUD at Henderson & Hillside.
- Worked with CONA (Council of Neighborhood Associations) and developers to improve streetscape, pedestrian access and café facilities at Park South development.
- Worked with neighbors and Parks & Rec to create the naturalized areas in Bryan Park.
- Worked with Bloomington Transit to shift the student Park & Ride from high-use areas of Bryan Park, eliminating pollution, noise and congestion.
- Corrected water pooling/freezing sidewalk hazards at 2nd & Ballantine.
- Working with Eastside neighborhood on development issues, over-occupancy, stormwater, and amendments to the Bloomington Transportation Plan.
- Secured funds to complete sidewalks on Maxwell from Henderson to High.
- Met with S. Jordan neighbors and secured funds for stormwater improvements.
- Responded to Somax neighborhood concerns and worked with city to significantly reduce traffic speeds on Mitchell by securing funds for a traffic peninsula/crosswalk.
- Attained funds to meet neighborhood requests for pedestrian crosswalk at Mitchell & Maxwell.
- Secured funds for stormwater improvements to complete sidewalks on Mitchell.
- Secured funds for stormwater improvements to prevent home flooding in the Somax neighborhood.
- Worked to protect and restore safe-route-to- school sidepath for children (Rogers-Binford) between Southdowns and Greenwood.
- Worked with Somax neighbors to remedy storm-water flooding on Marilyn & Ruby while providing an important sidewalk for the Southdowns/ Covenanter Greenway.